Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Although 2007 was pretty good, I am looking forward to an even better 2008! Last year was a bit of a holding pattern year for us, waiting for Des to graduate and all. Now I am freed up from driving back and forth for over 2 hours a day and I no longer have to get up at 7am! YAY!!! I am toying with the idea of either making the bead business a full time endeavor or getting a job of some sort to fill the time. Haven't decided yet.

Tuesday I am going in for LASIK!!! I cannot wait to be able to see without glasses or contacts. One of the bummers of having the surgery is that you can't wear contacts for days before the measuring tests and the actual surgery. I feel like I've been wearing these yucky glasses for the better part of a month and it totally sucks!

Well, I got my beads back from the bead shop in Ohio ... practically all of them! Oh well, at least now I have lots of beads to put up on Etsy. I've been putting them up over the holidays and will continue to do so through my eye surgery and recovery. I've made a few new beads over the holidays but mostly I just hung out with Mark and Des.

The holidays were very nice, although I wouldn't call them restful. LOL! Mark is a 'get it done' kind of guy and holiday or no, he wanted to keep busy. We finished MANY lingering household fix up type things. I have beautiful new knobs on all my kitchen cabinets, for one thing.

Anyway, check out the Etsy store and help me pay for the really cute purse I just bought. LOL! Have a great week!

No comments: