Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Murrini Spotlight on: Out of Africa

I've been playing with the Out of Africa murrini that Kim and I made. Who knew it would be one of my favorites? Definitely not my usual bright and happy mix of murrini that I reach for first. I've fallen in love with the designs and patterns that this murrini makes on beads. AND it gave me the perfect excuse to drag out my old jar of Cashmere frit from Val. I don't get much chance to use it but it is just my favorite shade of taupe.
I used the murrini to make a series of small focal beads - all with a distinct African desert/plains feel to them. Take a look at one of them here:


This owl bead has murrini eyes from the Out of Africa murrini blend. Isn't he a cutie?

And, finally, here's a photo of the murrini blend Out of Africa.

Beads available at www.loribeads.etsy.com and murrini at www.loriandkim.etsy.com
Thanks for taking a look!

No comments: