Friday, July 8, 2011

It's hot.

Yep, it's been pretty darn hot this week.  Bleh.  I find myself trying to keep busy inside, doing this and that, while my heart is really out at the torch.  I have managed to squeak out a little torch time here and there but, for the most part, it was make a bead, take a break, pull some murrini, take a break, and so on and so forth.  Lots of breaks and not a huge amount of production happening.  Such is life.  I am going to Kim's next week (where she lives is even hotter than here) so I will have to buckle down and just suck it up and put on my big girl panties and so on and so forth. 

Summer, you've had your fun, now run along and send Autumn in, thankyouverymuch.

I have some beads I need to list...I guess I could do that while the A/C is working its little heart out.



These two photos really illustrate my inner struggle.  On the one hand, I love putting faces on stuff.  Those are my favorite beads to take out of the kiln.  They're fun and bright and make me happy.  On the other hand, silver glass makes me swoon.  I look at those boring amber and putty colored rods of glass and they just dare me to make something amazing with them.  It's always a surprise and usually a good one when I pull those beads out of the kiln. 

So, every time I go out to the torch, I have to decide whether I'm going to listen to the child or the grown up.  :)

No comments: