Sunday, November 2, 2008

Not the end of the world...but....

I've been dreading making this entry into the blog. Just dreading it. Desiree went to work on Wednesday morning and that afternoon they told her that she didn't get the job. They said that she just didn't have enough experience and would need a bit too much hands-on training for them to take her on at this point.

I can't adequately express how deeply sad I am for her. She loved working there during those two weeks. She had such a great attitude and really blossomed while she was there. I'm so incredibly proud of her, even if she didn't get the job. This was her very first job experience outside the home and it was such a positive one that we all wanted it to go on forever. I am sad that she gets up early in the morning now and has nowhere to be.

So, now we are back on the job hunt trail. Hopefully she will find something even more perfect for her and this will all make sense.

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Oh, I feel so badly for Desiree. That's a rough thing to take after you've given it your best shot! The good thing is that she's got that experience under her belt, and it's bound to show in her new look and her confidence. Sounds like they were looking for someone more experienced to begin with (as well as someone who already had a following of clients), so Des shouldn't take it too personally. I know, much easier said than done, so here are some big virtual hugs, too! (((((Desiree)))))

Lori Peterson said...

Thank you Angelina! I will pass along the hugs. :)